Mountain Utah Family Medicine is offering our patients a secure, HIPAA compliant internet based communication tool called Patient Portal. This web based portal is intended as a means of communication between our patients and our clinic.
The Patient Portal has a secure tunnel connection with our clinic that uses encryption to keep unauthorized persons from being able to access your health information or any portal based communication. To help ensure that the tunnel remains secure we will need your current, private email address. Your email address will be stored in your confidential health record. This is the email address that will be used to set up your Patient Portal.
It is your responsibility to keep Mountain Utah Family Medicine informed of any email changes. You will be emailed a link to set up your username and password. It is your responsibility to keep your user ID and password secure. If at any time you believe your password has been compromised immediately go to your Patient Portal and reset it. You are the only one who will have access to your password.
Mountain Utah Family Medicine will not have access to your password, but can reset it if necessary. You will be sent email notifications when any information has been posted to your Patient Portal. You must use Mozilla FireFox or Google browser to access the Patient Portal. It will not work correctly through Internet Explorer.
This service is available to you at no cost. We reserve the right to change this policy if needed in the future or to suspend or terminate use at anytime. We will promptly inform you of any changes.
Patient Portal Uses:
- Request prescription refills
- View lab and radiology reports
- View your health record. Request to add, change and update content including medical history, demographics and insurance information. These requests will all need to be approved by specific staff before becoming a permanent part of your health record.
- Print and save certain information such as your immunization log or medication lists.
- Print Continuity of Care Record (CCR) which contains your health information which can be taken to other appointments.
- Our clinic will receive notification when the message we have sent you is viewed.
- Our clinic will receive notification when you have sent us a message through the Patient Portal.
- All communication is secure and confidential.
- Review Health Summary from visit.